- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Advanced Science Program (ASP) Class
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
Jan 2018 – present
- Held lab sections, two weekly office hours, and project parties to help students with conceptual questions, as well as questions about labs, discussion worksheets, and projects in a CS course with over 1,800 students.
Dec 2015 – May 2016
- A TEDx event organized at Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Singapore, bringing people together to share ideas and experiences, in the spirit of ideas worth spreading.
- Built and maintained the official website using modern web development frameworks and tools. Interacted with the marketing and design teams.
Aug 2015 – May 2016
Nanoelectronics Lab @ NOVITAS
- Worked on nanowettability and the spreading dynamics of Newtonian fluids, tested and analyzed about 25 combinations of solids surfaces and nano-fluids with surfactants under Professor Changqing Sun
- Finalist and Gold award winner for ”Best in Electrical and Electronic Engineering” at Nanyang Research Symposium.
- Placed in the top 2% of 300+ teams in NP-Hard constrained graph partitioning contest using a combination of METIS multilevel k-way partitioning scheme, greedy vertex swaps, local search, and simulated annealing.
- Built a voice-controlled electric car and implemented closed-loop control system to reduce disturbance and error in car movements. Employed signal filtering, PCA and K-means clustering to distinguish voice commands and determine the spoken words.
- An addictive and beautiful-looking (gorgeous on the iPhone X OLED display) arcade game with tilt-free gameplay, a nice BGM, and cool sound effects.
2017 - present
- A language-learning-oriented social networking app built using Swift 3 and Firebase.
- A practical and highly effective app for learning new Spanish words, with over 15k downloads and more than 1,000 active users.
Sites I Built
- A faster, minimalist yet highly versatile QR Code Generator. Much easier to use than most of the other ones out there.
- Over 25,000 views a month.
- Offers free study notes, guides for high school students to study, revise and prepare for IB exams.
- The official website for the TEDx event organized at ACS (Independent), Singapore.
UC Berkeley Dean’s Honor List
2017 – 2019
Top 10% GPA in College of Engineering
UC Berkeley Edward Kraft Award
Highest scholastic records | 4.0 GPA with 20 units
Gold Award, Nanyang Research Symposium
Finalist and Gold award winner for ”Best in Electrical and Electronic Engineering” at Nanyang Research Symposium.
Top 10% in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Silver Medal, TI-Cup Math Contest
International Shanghai TI-Cup Mathematics Contest
Seow Poh Leng Medal
Top Student in Class of 2014, ACS (Independent)
Expert: Python • Java
Familiar: Shell Scripting • Lisp • Assembly (RISC-V)
Git • Unix • Node.js • AWS • Numpy/Scipy • Tensorflow • Torch • Keras • Matplotlib • pandas • seaborn • scikit-learn • Matlab • Apache Spark • Docker • Firebase • Shell • Windows • IPython • Xcode • Bootstrap • Git
||Structure & Interpretation of Computer Programs
||Great Ideas in Computer Architecture (Machine Structures)
||Efficient Algorithms and Intractible Problems
|EE 16A & B
||Designing Information Devices and Systems
|Physics 7A & B
||Physics for Scientists and Engineers
||Social Implications of Computing
- Honor Roll — 2016
- Honor Roll — 2015
- Honor — 2016
- Distinction — 2015
- Gold award — 2015
- Gold award — 2014
- Honor Roll — 2014
- Distinction — 2013
Other things I Built
Brute Force attack targetting Wordpress-powered websites
I'm also a ...
- music lover